Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Little Make-Up Goes A Long Way

At work this week one of the managers has been doing interviews for her department (not mine thank goodness cause I hate change).  One thing that I noticed is that some women were coming in for interviews without any make-up one(one in a hoodie, but can't go there).  For something as important as a job interview you would think that one would want to look as polished as possible.  Now I hate to admit that I rarely wear make-up to working, being as I start at 7am and love sleeping more than pretty.  But I definitely wore some to my interview, even I knew better at 21.

To look polished and professional you don't have to be a make-up artist (I'm def not), and a little goes a long way.  Sorry if I scare you but to show the difference I am giving you one picture without (yikes) and one with simple classic make-up.

I used:
-Mac Mineralize foundation
-Mac bare study paint pot
-Que brow focus in brunette
-Mac eye kohl in phone number
-Dior black mascara
-Lorac lip 3D lip gloss
-Benefit dandelion blush


Ok So here is a split screen of the difference:


No Make-Up

With Make-Up
I pulled my hair back and wore a tube top so you could concentrate only on the make-up look.  But I have to admit I'm a side bangs girl and without them its not my best look.  You can really see the difference in my skin, I have a much smoother complexion and blush on with foundation .  I personally never wear make-up without filling in my eyebrows with powder, I think its really important to frame the face.  This look took only 7min to complete, most of the time spend on mascara I like it think and clumpy.  I hope this shows that even a little make-up helps you look your best.  Lets be honest if it made us look worse it wouldn't be a billion dollar industry.


 Moral of the story please show up for interviews well dresses and looking polished!

Love Kaydee

1 comment:

  1. your lips look great! And you could def. rock the "bump" look with no bangs... It just takes time to get used to :)

    I will try to get to you tomorrow morning with the idea you've asked me for... its turning into a hectic week :)

    ReplyDelete