Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Naitl Art: Image Plates

If you haven't already figured it out I LOVE NAIL POLISH, it's a relatively new hobby/fetish starting on my honeymoon back in June.  I discovered Konad nail plates, which opened me to the world of creative nails.  Since as a teen I spent many years working at McDonald's I was never able to wear polish, so I didn't buy any.  Now I have about 100 bottles, and so want more.  I thought I would show some pictures as to how the nail stamping works.

 I love the clean lines of the stamping, it always looks like a sticker when done right.  I try to always put a dark colour over a light one, you just simply get better results.
 It helps to use a thicker polish, so a good one, I have the best results with OPI, China Glaze and American Aparell.  Migi nail art pens show up the most, but they are hard to find.
 I find that a steady quick scrape works best, you want to avoid double scraping as it leads to premature drying.
 Be quick with the rubber stamp, as the thin polish dries really fast.  It will take you a few tries to get the hang of it, when I first bought the kits I was super frusterated.
Once the image in on the rubber stamper you just roll it onto your nail, again be quick or it will dry before you transfer. 





 I have both Konad and Bundle Monster plates, Konads are the nicest but ten times the price as Monster.  Since I love to be crafty these were a great buy for me, I use them all the time.  Nail art and colour is really growing in popularity, it can really help complete a look.  I am constently getting compliments on my nails, and who doesnt love a good compliment.

Fire me any questions you have, or comment maybe you have a better technique than I do

Love Kaydee

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I've never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so great! I thought at first that maybe they were those Sally Hansen nail stickers at are supposed to last a week without chipping. Have you tried those yet? What are your thoughts on them? They may be the solution for people who have a hard time using their left hand while painting their nails. (me).

    ReplyDelete