Thursday, March 10, 2011

Are You Wishing Your Life Away?

How many weeks do you start off saying, is it Friday yet?  Or I only have two weeks until my vacation, just two weeks to get though.  Or the even bigger I only have X amount of years until retirement, then my life can truly begin.  How much time do we spend wishing our lives away, hoping for the bigger and better in the future.

One of the many reasons I started this blog is I was feeling listless, in need of inspiration, for a reason to be awake on a Tuesday.  Mr.N and I once had a conversation about passions, what did I feel passionate about.  This made me think about what I do with my time, how I want to look back at my life.  So far what I have come up with is the desire to learn to cook and anything involving make-up or nail polish.  If I had a ridiculous amount of money I would list shopping, but that's more of a passion I wish I could have.

My Mom is a hobby collector, always picking up new activities to spend her time doing.  So I was raised believing hobbies are an important part of life.  A co-worker and I were discussing the other day the difference between feeling bored and unfulfilled.  Is when you and your husband start to feel bored and restless the time to start a family.  Maybe your bored because you are unfulfilled in your life, you need to add more substance to it. 

I never want to look back at my life and wish I had done more, I would rather wish I had done less.  I want to be the old lady who has great stories of her adventures.  Isn't there a saying "idle hands are the devils work"? Or something along those lines. 

I want to stop wishing my days away and to try to enjoy at least a little of each one.  I have always been a smell the  roses kind of person, but maybe I should be a grow the roses type. 

Love Kaydee

No comments:

Post a Comment