Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Plight of an Average Sized Girl

I'm going to start off with saying that I know every sized woman has issues with their body, buying clothing and how they feel about them selves.  But being an averaged sized girl (confession I'm about an 8 to a 10 depending on store), I feel like I have a good idea of the difficulties shopping.

The retail world seams to offer two different types of store, normal size and plus size.  So called "normal" stores base their clothing design on sample size, sample size run from a 0 to 2, these categories I most certainly am not.  Plus size store begin their sizing somewhere between 14 to 16, and yes I do think all clothing store should carry all sizes but this is not reality.  So here we are the size 8-12's in the middle, without any clothing being made for us.  Jeans designed for a size two do not make allowance for my muffin tops and inner thighs.  There is no room for my C-cup breast in your shirts, or my average sized arms.

I would like to point out that I am healthy and active, not always a couch potato (although I do enjoy my couch and potato's).  I have walked three half marathons during the summer, and play in a sports league once a week.  I also spent my youth as a competitive figure skater and dancer.  I am not fat, I do have my fat days where I cry out in agony that nothing fits and I hate all my clothing.  But most days I am happy with what I see in the mirror.

I would love for a designer to make an "averaged" size line, I would scoop that up for sure.  Until then I will have to try on 20 pairs of jeans to find the one.  Hope that my boobs are tucked in and not stretching the shirt see-through.  Makes shopping more interesting, more challenging and a great outfit found more of a reward!!

Love Kaydee

2 comments:

  1. The Levi's new sizing system is fantastic. With 3 different body type styles and a full range of sizes within each. Even the pockets are situated differently for each body type style to accentuate/flatter the bum!
    -C in Van

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure be checking those out, a girl always needs help with jean shopping!!

    ReplyDelete